The Hind Ghost Hunt report

It was somewhat frustrating that in a summer that consisted of some of the worst weather imaginable I was going to be spending one of the hottest evenings of the year inside.

However the vigil kicked off at 9 pm in an attempt to make contact with any of the spirits that resided there.

When I first visited the Cromwell Suite a little over a month before I got the feeling that something didn’t want me there. The Trifield Natural EM meter I was using at the time showed 2.5 initially, but minutes later the needle moved to zero.  As the meter detects change in the electro-magnetic fields you would expect it to go down, however nothing we did could get the needle to move. Even moving around near it produced no result, (Normally it does) and we tested the battery- it was fine!

It was as if something was holding the needle and saying, “Move along, nothing to see here!”

That trend continued on Saturday.

It wasn’t that nothing happened, rather that  something was trying to prevent things from happening.

One of the first things we did was suspend a pendulum over a large wine glass and asked the spirits to move it, and make it swing from side to side while four or five participants concentrated their energies on it. There was a few times it would start swinging, but when it stopped it stopped suddenly, as if some invisible force was grabbing it and preventing it from moving. We did however manage to get a yes/no system going and the responses we got suggested to us that we were talking to a male spirit who had been with spirit for over 300 years.

This entity was quite mischievous in his answers, and I got the impression he was listening to ideas put forward by the participants and telling us what we wanted to hear rather than the facts.

Two “Orbs” appeared in a photograph taken during the pendulum session. An identical picture taken seconds earlier showed nothing. (Many thanks to Andrea Taylor for the Photograph)

However we pressed on to using a device called a ghost box, this little toy was easily the star of the night, and we had 3 sessions with it at different points throughout the vigil. An all 3 occasions the same information came through.

For those who don’t know, a ghost box is a digital radio that has been modified to constantly scan through the radio transmissions on the FM or AM band. You hear the whole thing including random words as it scans through various radio programmes. At three different points of the evening, and using both bands in alternating sessions we got the same information. We got the name “Jim” many times and “Jim” was imploring us to “Leave”, “Just Leave” and “Go, go, go”. The answers seemed very consistent with the questions, When asked how many spirits were in the room, “Jim” said, “11” although he was reluctant to share the limelight with them, He named “Mike” but when we asked to speak with him “Jim” declared, “He cannot”.  At a later ghost box session we heard a female voice come through, we asked her name and got “Sharon” but before we could ask any further questions “Jim” came back like a grumpy landlord at last orders, “Go,Go,Go!”

The ghost box technically shouldn’t have the capacity to stop scanning, however in my experience it does sometimes freeze on vigils. On the first ghost box session it stopped scanning almost immediately, following in the pattern of someone trying to hide evidence. On later sessions it stopped on demand, when I asked the spirits to make the radio freeze it did so almost immediately. We also noted it stopped on the frequency 1600 suggesting a civil war connection and tying in to being dead over 300 years. When the spirit was asked how long it had been here we got a clear scentence, “Since about 5.30” and as we were laughing at this it froze once more, this time on the frequency 530.

The Ouija board was not a great success on this occasion, with the planchette stubbornly refusing to move and at times it seemed to be stuck even when I asked the participants to try and push it! after nearly 45 minutes however we got a couple of random letters followed by a clear movement to goodbye. This happened several times.

The evening closed with a dark vigil. where we switched off the lights and invited the spirits to do their worst. Several people saw shadows moving around, there were reports of people feeling tickled and tapped, at one point the ambient light coming from street lights beyond the closed curtains seemed to dim to almost total blackness. This was experienced by almost everyone.

In the end I would call the evening a successful failure, something was certainly happening but it seemed to be wanting to hide all evidence of its existence from us.

The next Hind Ghost vigil will be happening in October, a little closer to Halloween, I will be interested to see if the spirits are keener to talk then!


The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

3 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. […] was the second investigation into the Hind Hotel, You can read about the first one here, and this time there were certain things I was looking for to achieve validation for our findings. […]

  2. hi!,I love your writing so much! proportion we keep in touch more about your
    post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to solve my problem.

    May be that’s you! Taking a look ahead to look you.

  3. I enjoy reading an article that will make people think. Also, thank you for allowing for
    me to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: